Renaming files is a common task that many users need to perform. There are plenty of file rename software available on the market, but not all of them are compatible with Windows 10. Here’s a list of five best file rename software for Windows 10.
The ef multi file renamer is a software that allows users to rename files. It has been rated the best by many reviewers.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has gone deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialty in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
30th of August, 2021
Publish date: March 2020
- Specialized file renaming software may be very useful, particularly if you find that you can’t change specific folders on your PC.
- Improper file names (for example, imposing unaccepted characters or using lengthy file names) may cause a number of problems and make documents useless.
- If you don’t know how to rename several files concurrently on Windows 10, you may utilize file renaming software from the list below.
We’ve got you covered if you’re concerned about renaming your files. Today, we’ve created the finest file renaming program for you to utilize.
When Windows users go online to source items such as documents and pictures, these files are often renamed for organizational reasons. If you name your files in a certain way, it will be much simpler to keep track of them. And built-in tools may not be sufficient.
However, we have prepared a selection of excellent file renaming applications that will exactly fit your requirements.
The best file renaming software for PCs
This solution lives up to its name by offering cutting-edge organizing features to customers. The program, which was created by the top firm Sorcim, has a simple user interface and many helpful functions.
To reorganize PC data and rename files in mass, you just need to follow three simple procedures. As a consequence, the procedure involves adding several files or folders to rename at once, selecting the changes that need to be made to your files, applying the changes to all, seeing the preview, and enjoying the results.
- Multi-purpose instruments (Cloud renamer, Music fixer, Copy or move files)
- There are 12 file renaming rules, including changing the suffix/prefix, trimming content, and adding ascending or descending files.
- Cloud renamer OneDrive, Google Drive, and Amazon S3
- Music tags are used to rename MP3 tracks.
- Windows 7-10 or XP-Vista support
- Download it for free.
Easy File Renamer is a program that allows you to easily rename files.
This Windows Explorer-like application does exactly what it says on the tin: it batch renames files, folders, and subfolders while providing a plethora of renaming choices. You may choose to utilize preset rules, but you can also tailor them to your preferences.
- Renaming guidelines that are simple and easy to understand.
- To rename just files that meet specific criteria, use the renaming filter limitation.
- Support for many languages is available.
- Processing of subfolders and contained files in a recursive manner.
- Before you decide to rename your files, you may get a complete preview of the new names.
- Support for third-party plugins.
- It’s not cheap, but it’s also not free.
EF Multi File Renamer is a program that allows you to rename several files in one go.
1-ABC.net File Renamer, like the other premium and freemium utilities on our list, is more than worth the investment. When it comes to batch file renaming, it ticks all the boxes and even adds support for external storage.
- Support in many languages (English, German, French, Hungarian, Catalon, and Polish).
- The user interface is simple and easy to use.
- We can save and recover rename projects using it.
- Before renaming files, make a backup of the ones that haven’t been changed.
- Keep track of all your renaming activities in this journal.
- Support for Windows 10 isn’t official.
1-ABC.net File Renamer is available for download.
This program may be used to rename a large number of files and pictures. It features a nice user interface with a directory tree and a file listing.
- Regular expressions, EXIF, ID3 v1 and ID3 v2, stored profiles for repeating jobs, renaming lists, and tag editing are all supported.
- The assistance files are excellent.
- Free to use (Limited features).
- It features a well-designed user interface.
- This is a good file for renaming.
- The free version lacks the subfolder, undo, and logging capabilities.
- There is no information on regular expressions.
File Renamer Basic is a free program that allows you to rename files.
This file renaming program is simple to use. It has a fantastic user interface. It is very strong and versatile.
- You may set the date automatically.
- It is permissible to add a prefix or suffix.
- It is possible to move or transfer files to other places.
- Regular expressions are just that: regular expressions.
- Custom file formats are available.
- EFIX tags are a type of EFIX tag.
- Tags for ID3 version 1
- Free (for personal/educational use).
- It is a very excellent renaming program since it is extremely strong and has a lot of functions.
- It has a crowded UI and doesn’t support ID 3 v 2.
Bulk Rename Utility is a program that allows you to rename many files at once.
This program offers a user-friendly interface and can rename numerous files and directories using several renaming techniques.
- It contains a preview of an image.
- The change list for files is supported.
- It offers excellent help files.
- Regular expressions are supported.
- Free to use.
- It’s simple to use.
- Only a few EXIF and ID 3 tags are supported.
Renamer Advanced is an advanced version of Renamer.
This program is excellent for renaming files. It can do all of the usual functions, such as replacing words, adding prefixes or suffixes, deleting bracket content, numbering, and more.
- ReNamer features a user-friendly UI.
- It is extremely strong and supports a variety of metatags.
- For power users, there is a PascalScript option.
- There is no need to install anything.
- A assistance manual is ineffective.
- It’s possible that the webpage is harmful.
This is a basic software with just a few options.
- It features a user-friendly UI.
- You can change cases and perform some basic cropping with ease.
- Regular expressions and ID 3 tags are supported.
- It has less features than other file renaming programs.
Finally, renaming documents, pictures, or photographs obtained from the internet before storing them to your computer or phone is critical. The majority of the software we listed above is simple to use and free to download. Choose the one that best meets your requirements.
If you have any further questions or ideas, please post them in the comments area below, and we will be sure to look into them.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 1
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are 3 responses to this post.
The free file renamer is a software that allows users to rename files. This software has been around for quite some time, and it is still one of the best in its category.
- advanced renamer
- bulk rename utility
- best file renamer
- best free file renamer
- windows 10 file renamer